The Women’s Environmental Institute is looking for a person to assist with the implementation of the North Circle On-Line Farmers’ Market, WEI membership development, WEI’s Eco-Retreat rentals and house preparations for events and rentals, and general ability to pick up miscellaneous tasks and improve office and facility management systems. For the North Circle Project the Program Assistant must be on site at WEI Monday morning, Thursday and Friday to help with packing and distributing produce from local North Circle farmers. Other job-related tasks can be placed on a varied schedule subject to supervision of WEI’s Director of Operations and the timing and needs of the organization. We are looking for someone who endorses the food and farming justice mission of the Women’s Environmental Institute and enjoys working with people. This can be a part-time or full-time position; 5 to 8 hours shifts available. Pay rate negotiable depending on qualifications. Applications will begin to be reviewed March 1 with applicant reviews every two weeks thereafter. Open until filled.
- Availability on Thursday and Friday to work on site at WEI.
- Available on Monday morning to work on site at WEI.
- Understanding of the local businesses, stakeholders and allies in our area
- Ability to multi-task and keep a good attitude and good communication skills
- Steady and self-directed work ethic to meet goals of the day
- Office, membership or similar management experience
- Familiarity with the challenges facing nonprofit, not large corporate organizations
- Ability to communicate with farmers, WEI members, student farmers, strangers and visitors
- Good housekeeping, data management and office management skills
- Good interpersonal skills, reliable, positive attitude, energetic, focused, and steady
- Ability to work with WordPress and email, etc.
- Ability to work on a team and follow directions for assigned tasks.
- Local resident of North Branch or surrounding East Central/western Wisconsin area.
- Office or similar management experience in small nonprofit, not large corporate ,organizations
- Understanding of the challenges facing social justice organizations
- Understanding of organic farming and the needs of small-scale farmers
- Some knowledge of food nutrition, healthy eating and the politics of food
Updated 9 April 2020