WEI’s 9-month beekeeping course
Instructor: Mike Mackiewicz
Bone Lake Meadows Apiary
Full Tuition Cost: $250.00
Single Class Tuition Cost: $35.00
Package of Bees: $125.00 or you can work with the hives on Amador Hill Farm site.
Bee Suit Rental: $50.00
- REGISTER HERE for single classes
For individual classes register one week in advance.
Registration will stay open until March 25, 2018 unless the class fills at an earlier date.
Learn the details and seasonal steps for beekeeping from building your hives to harvesting honey and making mead. This year WEI is offering an exciting and comprehensive beekeeping class which consists of 9 classes that usually meet every 4th Sunday of the month at the WEI Amador Hill Farm and Orchard. The class will be taught by Mike Mackiewicz-Head Beekeeper from Scandia’s Bone Lake Meadows Apiary. If you ever wanted to learn the science and art of beekeeping,take this class — you will find it thorough, affordable, and a user-friendly hands-on and personal one-on-one learning experience at the hives and for an entire season.
Class schedule for the entire 2018 season:
- February 25: Introduction to Organic Bee-Keeping
- March 25: Building Hives Boxes and Frames/Equipment Overview
- April 22: Setting up Hives and Installing Bees/ Splitting Second-Year Hives
- May 20: Hive Day/Planning Flower Power for Pollinators
- June 24: Hive Day/ Assessing Honey in the Hives
- July 22: Hive Day/Mite Controls
- Aug 26: Extracting Honey
- Sept.23: Making Mead, Autumn mite assessment
- Oct. 28: Beeswax, Winterizing the Hives, WEI Swarm Party Celebrating Honey
All dates assume good weather and will be rescheduled if there is rain.